Eco-tourism for adults with intellectual disabilities: promoting an education for independent living
"Open the doors to new spaces of education!"
This course will raise awareness and empower participants to promote an education for autonomy, independent and inclusive living for adults with intellectual disabilities in eco-tourism.
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at educators those working in social services, with vulnerable learners.
What will you learn?
You will learn how to apply the principles of adult education in the field of environmental education and outdoor learning with vulnerable learners, in order to emancipate them through approaching nature and environmental issues.
The course is composed of 8 modules covering the following topics:
- Module 1 - Environmental education.
- Module 2 - The power of outdoor learning with vulnerable learners.
- Module 3 - How to design outdoor training activities to develop the skills and competencies of persons with disabilities.
- Module 4 - How to manage outdoor rock climbing and bouldering with persons with disabilities.
- Module 5 - Trekking-related skills (preparation, orienteering, maps, safety, etc.).
- Module 6 – Risk management in the outdoors.
- Module 7 - Collaboration in the outdoors.
- Module 8 - How to assess the outdoor experience.
Communicate with your peers
- This is not an instructor-led course.
- You can also contact a D-Lot training course coordinator.
This course has been developed by the Hi-Ability project with the funding from the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.